Monday, January 5, 2009

The Rose Petal Story A touching story you wont want to miss

The Rose Petal Story:

A favorite relative of mine gave me a wonderful idea when I was in middle school. She said that she had kept all of the rose petals from every rose she ever received. She dried them, of course, but kept them for one sole purpose. She wanted them for her wedding day. Her reasoning for that, which I will explain in a moment, was such a wonderful idea that I carried that with me until my own wedding day. The first boy I got a rose from was in 8th grade. He bought me a purple rose and in my eyes, it was absolutely the most perfect rose I'd ever seen. After it started to droop, I dried the flower and peeled the rose petals off of it. My mother bought me a small floral designed box that I would come to treasure over the years. Those purpose rose petals went in there for safekeeping.

Throughout high school, the rose petals accumulated. I had a wonderful boyfriend in my sophomore year who bought me roses every week - always a different color. I kept rose petals of each color that he gave me. The rose petal box went with me to college and to my first apartment. Every so often, I'd happily add some more petals to its collection. Some of those rose petals represented the best times of my life, while others signified some tears. All in all, the collection was a representation of my memories. Good and bad. After my husband proposed, I was adamant about my wedding plans. I wanted an outside wedding in the fall. The night before the ceremony, I asked him to buy me several roses - all red. He gave me a strange look but he presented me with a dozen roses just before we parted for the evening. My maid of honor helped me to delicately strip the rose petals off and put them in the freezer for freshness.

My wedding day was beautiful. My father and I waited for my cue to walk down the aisle, watching the flower girl drop my precious dried rose petals on the ground. My eyes misted as I realized what this was symbolizing. Each and every one of those rose petals symbolized a chapter in my life that had ended. And while that was an emotional realization, I was happy with that knowledge. I walked down the aisle, crushing some of the petals as I made my way towards my future husband.

After we exchanged our vows, I had arranged for my flower girl to walk up the aisle with a new basket of rose petals. She littered the grassy aisle with the beautiful, bright red fresh rose petals. My husband didn't know about this and he gave me a curious look. I simply told him that when I walked down the aisle, I was leaving my past behind me. The fresh rose petals were symbolizing the beautiful future, and that was one journey that my husband and I were walking towards together. With a smile, he took my hand and walked me happily over the meaningful red rose petals.
Renee Wegman shares about Gettysburg Flower shops and if you need Gettysburg Flowers then she'll help you in your search for the best online flower delivery locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment